Terms & Conditions of Supply
This agreement is between the client being supplied a service or product (the “Client”, “You”)
UK Creative Grid Ltd, Registered Company No:04890499 with it’s registered office at 86-90 Paul Street, Shoreditch. London EC2A 4NE (“The Creative Grid”, “We”, “Our”)
By using Our services you, the Client, agree to be bound by these terms and conditions unless otherwise agreed in writing by both parties.
Unless agreed otherwise in writing, 50% of the estimated fees must be paid as a deposit to book your Client production with us.
For UK based projects your Client deposit must be paid at least 14 days before the first day of filming.
For International projects outside the UK your Client deposit must be paid at least 28 days before the first day of filming
The remaining 50%, plus any expenses will be invoiced on completion of the videos.
We reserve the right to ask for 100% of our estimated fee up front depending on the complexity of the project or equipment required.
Our standard invoicing terms are 14 days from date of invoice except where the other terms in this clause stipulate earlier.
- Our fees are exclusive of taxes, disbursements and expense items related to the agreed schedule of work. Items such as messenger services, postage, overseas telephone charges, photography, prints, hard drives, accommodation, mileage and travel.
How to Pay
We do not accept checks/cheques. Please pay via BACS/CHAPS/Wire Transfer using our banking details provided on our invoice.
If you would like to pay by Direct Debit or online using a credit card, this can be arranged. Fees covering the cost of taking payment via credit card may be applied.
For international payments please ensure that the correct amount on the invoice arrives in our account to avoid late payment charges. Currency exchange rates and banking charges to transfer monies are your responsibility, not ours.
If payment is not received within the agreed amount of time of the invoice date we reserve the right to charge interest at the UK statutory rate of 8% above the Bank of England base rate per annum, which will be added to the Client’s account. We also reserve the right to enforce a “Late payment charge” in line with current UK legislation.
In the event of non-payment the ownership of all copyright and materials supplied (digitally or otherwise) remain the property of The Creative Grid and may not be used by the client or any third party. All goods (digital or otherwise) must be returned on request.
- In the event that initial, part or deposit payment was via credit card or direct debit, you agree that The Creative Grid may debit your card or account with the outstanding amount and you authorise us to do this in your absence.
- The Client’s requirements must be clearly provided to The Creative Grid in writing at least 5 working days before commencement of work and subject to only one minor set of alterations thereafter.
- Major alterations to a project, not agreed prior to the commencement of work, must be made subject to a further written agreement or an additional charge.
- A video will only be publicly released once the client approves the content as complete and satisfactory. Payment in full must also have been made.
- If a production requires additional content under instruction from the Client, this is treated as a new requirement and additional charges may apply. Once agreed in writing this becomes contractually binding.
- The Client must ensure that all necessary arrangements have been made with, and permissions obtained from, people and places that may be recorded on video and that such recording is in compliance with current Data Protection legislation.
Termination & Alteration of Contract
- A client may terminate the contract at any time in writing giving a minimum of 10 working days notice.
- When a client terminates the contract they remain liable to pay in full for all committed future costs and work undertaken and for the progress up to the date that the written cancellation is received. All written communication must be emailed to [email protected]
- We understand that filming can be postponed or cancelled. In the event of postponement we will invoice you, the client, for any outstanding expenses and costs that have already been incurred. We will work with you to re-arrange the production. For cancellation of a production we will refund up to 75% of the production costs, if you have given us at least 10 working days notice.
- Any monies (excluding the deposit) held on account (and unused) or overpayments received in error (or otherwise) may be returned subject to a 15% administration charge plus any credit or debit card charges that have been incurred.
- The Creative Grid retains the right to assign supply of the product(s) or service(s) to another suitable company (“Subcontractor”).
- These terms may be varied from time to time by The Creative Grid or modified in writing at any time to add or delete services to better fit the Client’s requirements.
- The Creative Grid will keep all footage shot digitally for a period of THREE (3) calendar months, free of charge. After that, the client may request additional storage for a fee or the footage will be deleted.
- We provide Master Files (finished videos) via Vimeo.
- A standard working day for our crews is 8 hours with an hour for breaks during the day including lunch. Normal working hours are 0900-1700.
- We understand that film production can take more than 8 hours in a single day. If this is the case we may charge an additional pro-rata fee for our crews.
Liabilities & Indemnities
The client agrees to indemnify The Creative Grid against:
- The Creative Grid cannot be held liable for loss or damage caused as a result of client error, third party action (legal or otherwise), natural causes, specifically the weather, acts of God or terrorism.
- The Creative Grid cannot be held liable to any party for any errors on any medium after the Client has agreed in writing that the content is correct and accurate and should be posted, published or broadcast.
- The client shall provide appropriate security arrangements for filming outside the United Kingdom for which The Creative Grid provides crew or equipment and such arrangements shall be notified to The Creative Grid in writing in advance of travel to that jurisdiction.
- Whilst every care is taken in the handling of the Client’s property, The Creative Grid accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any loss or damage, howsoever caused, or any other loss by unforeseen circumstances whilst they are in the custody of them. Liability for such loss or damage shall be limited to the replacement cost of the materials or media and in circumstances will any liability attach to any claim for the value of the content.
- The Creative Grid shall be under no obligation to carry out a production if there are circumstances which make the production unfeasible. Circumstances including: Acts of God, terrorism, fire, flood, drought, failure of power supply, lock-out, strike or action taken by suppliers or owing to any inability to procure materials required for the performance of the contract. Under these circumstances the Client may terminate the contract and pay for work done and materials used but subject thereto shall otherwise accept delivery when available.
- The Client and The Creative Grid will act in accordance with all relevant health and safety requirements in order to provide the product(s) and service(s).
- The Creative Grid shall maintain Public Liability Insurance of at least £5 Million.
Intellectual Property & Confidentiality
- In consideration of, and subject to, the final payment of full fees due to The Creative Grid by the Client, The Creative Grid hereby assigns to the Client with full title guarantee all the present and future copyright and other intellectual property rights, however so arising in the content unless expressly agreed in writing between both parties.
- The Client hereby assigns a non-exclusive, royalty-free license to the content produced by The Creative Grid for the purposes of The Creative Grid’s promotional marketing including showreels and on The Creative Grid website.
- The Creative Grid reserves the right to insert a production slate (Produced by The Creative Grid, with associated watermark or motion graphic) onto the content unless otherwise agreed in writing with the client.
- Any confidential or proprietary information which is acquired by The Creative Grid from the Client will not be used to disclosed to any person or entity, except where required to do so by law.
- The Creative Grid normal offices hours are 0900 – 1700 GMT, Monday to Friday.
- Any claims must be made in writing to The Creative Grid within 72 hours of receipt of goods. If no claim is made within this period the client is deemed to have accepted the goods at the agreed price.
- Email is considered an acceptable method for putting notices in writing using our accounts email or our contact form